Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beginning of the End



Tonight is Anarchy Night, which is a tradition in my sorority that takes place the day of officer transitions, meaning we have no active officers in the chapter. So of course with no one to enforce the rules, it's always a night to remember! 
Making plans and preparing for tonight it hit me, this is really the beginning of the end. I have been in college for four years and it feels like it's been a few months. I really don't know how I feel about this! I know I'm so excited for the next stage of my life, but I also know I haven't really thought about how drastically my life will change .. and soon! Although I will be graduating a year late, going alum from my sorority is really going to change my day to day activities. What in the world am I going to do with the time I used to devote to chapter meetings, recruitment practices, date functions and mixers, etc? I may sound silly so forgive me, but my life really revolves around sorority activities! As many times as I wish to be alum and not have to attend all the required things no one really wants to go to, I am not sure I really am ready for it to end. I joined a sorority on a whim my freshman year and these four years have made me a more independent, outgoing, confident woman than I think I ever would have been without it! I don't know if any of you are Laguna Beach fans (watching the DVDs is still one of my guilty pleasures for rainy days) but how I'm feeling reminds me of Lauren and Lo discussing the "beginning of the end." I can't believe I've finally reached that place! It makes me want to rewind time and go back and do it all again. I know I have so many wonderful years ahead, but I've definitely made some of the best memories in these past few years.

This sad feeling of growing up has made me really stop and think about all I have been blessed with! I really need to take a moment more often to realize how lucky I am to have everything I have. I'm guilty of taking things for granted more than I should and I want to make a effort to really stop and appreciate the little things more often and the time spent with friends doing absolutely nothing that turns into some of the best memories. I hope my realization inspires some of you to do the same and really think about how amazing life can be!

Happy Saturday, everyone enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment